Matisse Inspired Watercolor Painting
Use simple crayons and watercolors to make this Matisse inspired art project. Watercolor paint over crayon patterns will make a colorful work of art.
- PREP: Cut 9″ x 12″ paper in half to make 6″ x 9″ sheets for students.
- Students draw a simple vase and flowers as shown in the tutorial.
- The drawing is traced with a black Sharpie.
- Patterns are added with crayons.
- The drawing is painted with liquid watercolors. Contrasting colors are recommended so the crayons can show up nice and bright.