I’m trying a Metal Tooling class after school, and was happy with how this turned out, especially as I had quite a few kindergarteners.
PREP: Cut black paper to 7.5″ x 5.5″ so that art may be framed later on. Cut metal tooling to 4″ x 7″.
Make simple fish templates from 4″ x 7″ chipboard. Cut 4″ x 7″ felt squares.
1. Students place a piece of tooling on the felt. They put a template on top and trace with a pencil.
2. The template is removed and students draw, and imprint, lots of scales and details.
3. The fish is cut out with scissors. Regular school variety work fine.
4. The fish is colored with Sharpies.
5. The fish is taped to the black paper with a roll of masking tap.
Note: This post contains affiliate links.