A fun and easy abstract art project for kids is to use brush Sharpie markers on mini canvases. It feels like your painting with the world’s brightest colors!
- Mini canvases, 3″ x 3″
- Craft stick easel
- Craft stick easel PDF tutorial
- Sharpie Brush Markers
- Clear gloss spray, optional
- Use a pencil to lightly draw two lines on the canvas, evenly dividing the canvas into four sections.
- Using Sharpie Brush Markers, color four triangles to make up the center diamond. Add lines of color around each until the canvas is full. For inspiration, here’s what Kandinsky’s original painting looked like.
- Spray your painting with a clear gloss to make all the colors pop and display on your easel.
Note: This post contains an affiliate link.