I’m a sucker for handmade Valentine cards. This one is like making a mini version of yourself that can sit adorably on any shelf or table.
- Headshot photo of each student, about 2″ tall
- White card stock paper
- Glue stick
- Black marker
- Colored pencils
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to make a Mini Me Valentine Card
- Fold paper for guides. Glue cut out head photo in center of the top section.
- Draw a body that is proportioned as shown.
- Trace and color. Cut out body carefully. See more info below.
1. A black and white head photo should be about 2″ tall and placed about 1/2″ down from the top of a letter-size piece of card stock paper. I have the graphics software to print faces individually, but if you don’t you could always just cut and paste. If you photograph students in front of a white wall, it will help them see where to cut later on.
2. Students fold the paper in half to find the waist line, and then the bottom in half to find where the knees will fall. I believe it helps to draw the heart first, then the hands, and then connect arms to the shoulders. The bottom half of the body may be drawn however students wish, but the knees must be on the fold line and shoes almost touch the bottom of the paper. When the drawing is done, all lines are traced with a black marker.
3. The body is colored in with colored pencils, cut out with scissors, and bent and displayed as desired.