I’m happy to share my very first “How To” video, which is one of my favorite Model Magic projects for kinders.
It tied in to their science studies last spring, showed them how to mix colors AND make snake shapes. Not bad for one project!
- Small ball of White Model Magic
- Small ball of and colored Model Magic
- Souffle cup (not shown)
- Students get equal amounts of white and colored Model Magic.
- Students take a pea-size amount of the colored Model Magic and mix it with the white.
- A small amount is pinched from the colored Model Magic for antennae.
- A snail is shaped from the colored Model Magic and two antennae are made for the head.
- The tinted Model Magic is rolled into a snake with one blunt end and one point end. It is rolled to make a shell.
- The shell is placed on the back of the snail.
- Store the snail in a small souffle cup to keep it from drying out.