It’s possible to make really brilliantly colored paintings without expensive watercolor paper.
Start with liquid watercolor paints, and paint on coffee filters.
- Mona Lisa PDF template
- Coffee filter
- Old steam iron
- Black Sharpie marker
- Liquid watercolor paint
- Paper towels
- Plastic sheet, like a sleeve protector
PREP: Print out one Mona Lisa template for every student.
Iron 9″ coffee filters to make them flat.
1, Tape one to the front of each face.
2. Trace and color with a black Sharpie.
3. IMPORTANT: Place filter on plastic. Dampen with a very wet paper towel.
4. Dab liquid watercolor paint around as desired. Overlap to blend colors.
5. Let filter dry. Iron with warm iron to make the paper really flat and crisp.