This cat is one of my favorite collage project ideas. I love the look of newspaper with only small type, but realized it would be difficult for 150 kinders to all find their own.
Solution? Technology to the rescue with a scanner, printer and parchment paper. This project is for new kinders so body and head template lines are included in the linked PDF template.
PREP: Print a Newspaper Cat PDF print on parchment paper for each student
1. Students cut the body, head and eyes out with a scissors.
2. The eyes are glued onto the head. The face is drawn with a Sharpie.
3. Triangles and drawn on the cut out body.
4. The body is glued to the card stock paper first, then the head on top.
5. A small rectangle is cut for a color and glued in place.
Note: This post contains Amazon affiliate links.