I made this lion craft project with Pacon Premium Tagboard, which had the color and quality I needed. I had to make sure my lion stood up when finished!
- Download Paper Lion Craft Tutorial, 4 pages
- Tagboard: yellow, orange, white, pink
- Paper cutter
- Sharpie marker, black
- Glue stick
- Crayons or markers for map
PREP: Cut tagboard to sizes shown in the tutorial. Print a map page for each student.
- Trace and color the map of Africa.
- Fold one yellow side of paper in half. They cut out a U shape and fold toes on all four legs.
- The toes are glued to the tagboard map drawing.
- Two slits are cut on the back fold, approximately 1/2″ deep.
- Estimate 1/2 and 1/4 segments on side of Head and Tail paper. Cut off 3/4 length for head.
- Fold head paper in half.
- Open up and cut slits for ears.
- Fold head and trim ears and chin for round edge.
- Cut about 12 triangles from orange paper.
- Glue triangles to the INSIDE of the lion face.
- Cut nose, eyes. Color black circles with marker.
- Glue eyes and nose to front of lion face.
- Cut segment for tail. Cut tail end and glue.
- Insert tail and BACK of lion head in body.