This is still one of my favorite art trading cards ideas, just rotated squares on a rectangle. Makes for a fun color study too.
I’m still so fond of how the plastic sleeves smooth out any less than perfect gluing and make cards look almost laminated.
- Card stock paper, cut to 2.5″ x 3.5″ size, lots of different colors
- Card stock paper scraps
- Cardboard templates, 1.75″ and 1″
- Cut lots of 2.5″ x 3.5″ cards from pretty solid card stock paper. Students choose nine different ones for their backgrounds.
- Students cut 1.75″ squares from scraps, and glue them as diamond shapes in each card.
- Students cut 1″ squares from scraps, and glue them centered in each card. Encourage lots of contrast so that all the shapes really stand out.