Here’s a variation on my Black Cat Collage project that plays with the idea of peeking cats. Good orange paper will really have the most impact.
- Orange scrapbook paper, 12″ x 12″, from JoAnn’s
- Black card stock paper, 8.5″ x 11″
- Yellow card stock paper, 8.5″ x 11″
- Black Sharpie marker
- Glue stick
- White pencil crayon
- Paper cutter (optional but helpful)
- PREP: Cut orange paper in half to make 12″ x 6″ panels. Cut lots of black paper into quarters (5.5″ x 4.25″) about 4 or 5 for each student. Cut the yellow paper into about 1″ x 2″ strips, about 4 or 5 for each student.
- Students draw the simple outline of their cat onto the black paper and cut it out.
- Eyes are cut from the yellow paper and glued onto the cat. The middle eye line is drawn with a black marker.
- The mouth and whiskers are drawn with a white pencil crayon.
- The cat is placed on the orange paper, at an angle, from the side of the paper. It’s glued on with a glue stick, and trimmed.
- The steps are repeated to make more cats, with possible tails added in between.