Valentine’s Day craft ideas can be fun and inexpensive if you start with popsicle sticks. I like that you can easily read these raised letters, whether they get a neat paint job or not.
For more Valentine drawing ideas, see my new “Valentine Drawing” ebook in my PDF Shop.
- Jumbo craft sticks, 10 per student
- Mini craft sticks, 12 per student
- Craft glue
- Acrylic paint, red
- Acrylic paint, pink
- Marker paint pens
- Students run a line of glue along two parallel sticks and then place 8 sticks across to make the back board. Let dry for 20 minutes or more.
- Students glue the mini sticks to make L-O-V-E letters as shown. Let dry overnight.
- The surface is painted with acrylic paint. To get the look of my sample, use paint pens after the background is painted. The points of paint markers make it easy to draw some fun details.