I had so much fun with recent ATC templates that I thought I’d make one more.
This time I plan to challenge students to play with scale, as in making the animals look very large or small, depending on their drawn surroundings.
- View and download ATC animal template
- Card stock or drawing paper
- Color printer
- Paper cutter or scissors
- Black marker, ultra fine tip
- Trading card sleeves
- Print an animal template sheet for each student.
- Students are to draw surroundings around each animal and are encouraged to exaggerate the scale of things. The point is that each animal will look either large or small, depending on the background.
- Each drawing is traced with a thin black marker. Encourage students to add lots of line art and keep the background black and white for maximum contrast.