The Chinese New Year will be celebrated by many soon.
Aside from learning more about China, students can also use this lesson to practice perspective with the size of the lanterns, and then even the shading if desired.
- Download Chinese Lantern PDF Tutorial
- Multimedia paper
- Black Sharpie marker
- Oil pastels, I recommend Portfolio brand
- Follow the tutorial to draw the lanterns in pencil.
- Trace the drawing with a black Sharpie.
- Color the drawing with oil pastels.
- Add a band of white oil pastel in the middle of each lantern, and blend the edges for a smooth gradation.
Note: This post contains an affiliate link.