I sometimes give my young kinder and 1st grade students a template to trace for the first step of a project. For this easy dog drawing, children had the head template to trace, and followed my directions for the rest.
• Watercolor Paper, I used 11″ x 15″
• Chipboard for template
• Sharpie marker
• Liquid watercolor paint
1. I first drew center lines in pencil on an 11″ x 15″ sheet of watercolor paper. Students lined up the bottom of the cutout template head on the center line and traced in pencil.
2. A chin was added below the head.
3. The rest of the nose was added above the chin.
4. Eyes, nose, mouth and ears were added.
5. A left and right front leg were drawn below the head.
6. A back leg and tail was added. All pencil lines were traced with a black Sharpie, and the dog was painted with liquid watercolor paints.
Note: This post contains an affiliate link.