I was inspired by a project posted to Artsonia from Holman Elementary School. They used a painted background, but I like the contrast with bright paper.
- Card stock paper, bright colors and pink
- White card stock
- Black marker
- Glue sticks
- For bright colors, try the colored cardstock paper in the scrapbook section at JoAnn’s or Michaels. Students start with a 4.25″ x 11″ piece of white cardstock, and use it to tear out three ovals. (NOTE: Some kinders may need to practice just tearing straight lines before attempting ovals, which takes a little more dexterity.) Attach the three bodies to a sheet of colored paper with a glue stick.
- Students use small squares of pink paper to cut out oval ears.
- After a skinny tail is cut, they glue them all in place on the body.
- Students use a black marker to make two eyes.