I love the look of stone mosaic art, but it is expensive and not really practical for young students. I thought I’d try a variation using cut up CDs instead.
- Wood picture frame, found at Michaels
- Old CDs
- Utility scissors
- Craft glue
- Acrylic paint, sea green or equivalent
- Hand colored photo
1. Cut several CDs into small squares with a utility scissors. Size them so that the border is filled with rows of two squares.
2. Glue the squares on the wood frame. Let dry.
3. Paint the frame with any green or sea foam acrylic paint.
4. Add a hand colored photo inside for a very creative look.