This is a fun combination for painting a robot – silver tempera and black watercolor paint. The matte look of the black makes the silver really stand out.
My first graders used a 3″ square template to get the body drawing started. They added geometric shapes as desired.
- Silver tempera paint
Black watercolor paint, liquid works best
- Prep: Print tutorial for each student.
- Draw guide lines on paper or fold in half to make creases.
- Students follow the tutorial to draw the robot in pencil.
- The robot is traced with a black marker.
- The robot is colored carefully with crayons.