This project turned out to be a very quick and easy way to make a 3D shape out of strips of paper.
- Orange construction paper
- Black construction paper
- Paper cutter
- Push pin or similar item
- Paper fastener, or brad
- Glue stick
- I used orange construction paper in the standard 9″x12″ size, and then used a paper cutter to make a pile of orange strips that were 1″ wide by 12″ tall.
- The students were given 10 strips of paper, a push pin and two paper fasteners. They were to stack the strips and use the push pin to help make a hole in each end through all the layers.
- The pin is removed and replaced by the paper fastener. It’s best to push it through just a couple of layers at a time.
- The paper fastener legs are opened and the strips are adjusted around each pin until they are equally spaced apart and a globe shape takes place.
- Black eyes and mouth are cut out and glued on with a glue stick. A string of yarn may be tied to one end.