Poinsettia flowers are well known for their red and green foliage, and used in many a Christmas display. I’ve broken down the steps to draw a large one, which could easily be tied into a Georgia O’Keeffe lesson as well.
• Color print of Poinsettia tutorial
• Drawing paper, cut to a square size
• Black marker
PREP: Print or draw grid lines on paper.
1. Students draw the poinsettia according to the tutorial.
2. The drawing is traced with a black marker.
3. Crayons are used to color in the flow artwork.