Here’s one idea I use when looking for new art project ideas – searching stock art sites.
This comes from gettyimages.com, after searching for “cute animal illustrations”. This rainbow zebra was lots of fun for my after school painting class today, because of course everyone had a different idea of what a rainbow zebra would look like.
- Multimedia paper
- Chip board for template, optional
- Sharpie marker, black, chisel tip
- Tempera cake paints
- Students draw a zebra. I often give kinder and first graders a partial template as they tend to draw small and would then have a hard time with the strips.
- The drawing is traced with a thick black permanent marker.
- The zebra is painted with stripes in whatever way students can imagine.