Make your San Miguel Arcangel mission project a special drawing, with the help of a step by step tutorial and some architectural drawing advice.
Start by printing a dot grid on brown paper to help you draw straight lines, add a step-by-step tutorial, and finish with your best pencil crayons. All will support each other in making a precise drawing with colors that pop off the page.
If you like this project, there are 20 more like it in my “California Mission Drawing Guide” ebook, which includes color samples and more. You can read more about it by clicking on the link or ebook.
RECOMMENDED ART SUPPLIES
- Mission San Miguel PDF Tutorial and grid template
- Construction paper, Tru-Ray Warm Brown*
- Permanent markers, black, fine tip*
- Pencil Crayons, Prismacolor recommended*
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
PREP: Trim the brown paper to 8.5″ x 11″ so you can print or copy it. Print one for each students.
- Draw the centered front doors. Draw the outer frame around it.
- Add the roof details and cross above.
- Add the front window and potted plants.
- Add the building extension, landscaping and clouds above.