Try starting with colored paper to give your chalk pastel drawings a little more punch, especially with simple fall landscapes.
- Construction paper, orange or yellow
- Chalk pastels
- Spray fixative, if desired
1. Starting with an orange or yellow sheet of construction paper, students draw a horizon line a quarter of the way down the paper with chalk.
2. Three round circles for the trees are drawn and filled in with fall colors. Rubbing with fingers softens the shapes.
3. The background sky is colored and blended in.
4. A dark brown or black chalk is used to draw the tree trunks over the sky
5. The ground is filled in with three layers of chalk color, blended often to soften the edges.