A simple polar bear drawing can make a very cute holiday card. You can swap that hat out for a regular stocking cap the rest of the year.
I love using this easy drawing as a watercolor project. Try using real watercolor paper so the colors are bright and the crayon resist for the snow really stands out. This painting by Kassidy, I think a kinder or first grader at the time, is still one of my all time favorites.
- View and download Bear Tutorial
- Watercolor paper, highly recommended for getting bright colors
- Black permanent marker, thick chisel tip
- Watercolor paint, I recommend the liquid type
- Draw the bear according to the tutorial.
- Trace all the lines with a black marker.
- Paint the scarf and hat with watercolor paint.
- Draw circles with blue paint in the background. Fill the blue around the circles.