If you’d like a peek at one of my classroom boards, here is a look at my step by step pumpkin painting instructions.
I wanted students to see how easily they could make a dimensional looking pumpkin. Drawing a circle and painting it orange would not produce nearly the same results, so it was important to follow these steps. After finding this idea at Grande Park Art Blog, I was really happy to see how well it worked.
• Multimedia paper
• Sharpie marker, black, chisel tip
• Tempera cake paint: orange, yellow and green
1. Draw a large simple pumpkin, starting with the center oval, and then adding sections on both sides. Add a vine below.
2. Trace the drawing with a black marker.
3. Paint over the lines with orange tempera paint.
4. Fill the inside with yellow tempera paint.
5. Paint the vines with green paint.
Note: The post contains affiliate links.