• Recollections Card Stock paper, blues
• Recollections Card Stock paper, greens
• White sticker mailing labels 2″ x 4″ or so
• White sticker labels, 1″ circle
• White sticker labels, 3/4″ circle
PREP: Cut lots of cool cardstock paper into the ATC size: 2.5″ x 3.5″.
1. Students start by cutting a white 2″ x 4″ mailing label in half the long way, and apply to bottom of the card. The card is turned over and excess is trimmed.
2. A 1″ circle label sticker is used for the bottom of the snowman. Two 3/4″ mailing labels stickers are used for the top.
3. Students draw the snowman face arms and buttons with an Ultra Fine Point black Sharpie marker. They are encouraged to find a different pose for each card. The nose is colored with an orange marker and the hat is colored black.
4. Snow dots are added, if desired, with a white poster paint marker. Cards are kept in a 9 trading card plastic sleeve. Story telling would be another great use of this kind of layout. My students had some of their snowmen get progressively more melted, so clever!