Looking for summer drawings easy enough for kids to do? Try an underwater watercolor resist. The key is to include waving limbs and floating hair.
- Art Journal or watercolor paper
- Black Sharpie marker
- Liquid watercolor paint
- I gave some of my young students a 2″ circle to trace for the head, to give them a head start. Older drew their own head. Following my directions on the board, they drew outstretched arms, a body, and legs.
- The drawing was traced with a permanent black marker.
- Students used crayons to color in the hair, skin and swimsuit. Heavy coloring works best.
- The drawing was painted over with liquid watercolor paint. A caption was added above, along with a date below.