A fall landscape painting for kids looks good with lots bright colors, but there’s still nothing like a dark outline to make shapes really pop.
One quick and easy solution for kinders and up is to have them trace their finished art with a black oil pastel. It adds a very bold look to the art.
• Multimedia paper, 9″ x 12″ or larger
• Tempera Cake Paints
• Oil Pastels
1. Draw a simple landscape in pencil with a foreground, middle ground and background. Add trees, house and cloud.
2. Paint all the shapes with tempera paint. Let the artwork dry.
3. Trace all the edges with a black oil pastel.
4. Use other colors of pastel to add some flowers.