Model Magic students made an ocean habitat diorama by attaching little fish to a wall of blue. When the clamshell was closed, they really did resemble little fish tanks!
- Model Magic; red, yellow, blue, white and black
- Souffle cups with lids for storage
- Clamshell containers
PREP: I have about 45 students in this after school class every week. I once had trouble keeping the prepped supplies fresh until I tried small souffle cups with lids. I now make trays that have cups of Model Magic for about every 6 or so students. They can open and serve themselves, and I and my helpers can focus on helping them shape things.
- Students pressed a wall of blue into one side of the container. With repeated pressings, it stuck and stayed in place.
- I advised everyone to make a fish on it’s own before placing it on the wall. Chances are that after it is stuck, you cannot take it off.
- Details were added, such as orange gravel, green seaweed and even mermaids.