My Valentines art projects are often inspired by stock art images. This flying kitty with a heart was too cute and easy to draw.
I highly recommend either printing the guide lines shown before hand, or having kids fold their paper to make four equal sections on the paper. It really helps kids judge their placement of lines when drawing.
• Multimedia or watercolor paper
• Color print of tutorial
• Sharpie marker
1. A head is drawn in the top left section as shown.
2. A round body is added below.
3. Legs that curve back are drawn.
4. Arms that wrap around are added as shown.
5. A heart is drawn, behind the paws.
6. The tail is added.
7. Wings are drawn near the top of the body.
8. Details to the face are drawn, along with the clouds.
9. All the pencil lines are traced with a crayon, and kitty stripes are added. Liquid watercolor paints are used to fill in the shapes.