Vincent Van Gogh Wheat Field with Crows, shows a dramatic, cloudy sky filled with crows over a wheat field.
The simple layout is perfect for practicing layers of oil pastels to see if students can imitate his wonderfully sketchy look. To get a similar look to my sample, I recommend trying the oil pastels I have linked to below. They happen to come in the perfect shades needed for this particular project.
• Van Gogh Wheatfield Tutorial (link below)
• Drawing paper
• Portfolio Oil Pastels, 24 pack
• Print a Wheat Field tutorial for each students
• Students follow the directions on the tutorial to create their own version of Van Gogh’s famous painting
• Encourage lots of mixed layering of color as that will create the vibrant sketchy look that Van Gogh was famous for.
Note: This post contains an affiliate link.
Van Gogh Tutorial
Subscribe to download this tutorial and also receive notification of new products and exclusive offers.