And if you get a break in your busy schedule (hello summer!) you might realize that some of those products could really be improved, with just a few changes.
This photoshopped face of Van Gogh was originally posted quite awhile ago, but only with the one main page to draw on. When I taught this project, I realized students needed more references to “fill in the blanks”. They needed to see basically how the suit might look (as a starting point), some finished examples for inspiration, and the original painting for a little art history.
Shown here is the content of my new PDF file. If you subscribe to my email list you can immediately download this file, and be sure to receive future links right in your inbox. Please feel free to shoot me any feedback, and stay tuned for more DELUXE PDF giveaways. Summer has just begun, and I am on a new mission!
• Deluxe Line Art Van Gogh PDF template
• Color Printer
• Drawing paper
• Sharpie marker, fine point and ultra fine point
PREP: Print face with blank background for each student.
1. Students use a pencil to draw a new body and background for Van Gogh’s painting.
2. The main edges are traced with a fine point Sharpie marker.
3. Lots of detailed lines are added with an ultra fine point marker.