A reader shared this collaborative Martin Luther King mural photo awhile back, and it’s one of my favorites. I’m amazed how neatly they colored it and put it together. (Also, would love it if someone could let me know whose school this is. I’d love to credit them!)
The mural was made with my Martin Luther King PDF template, and I’m guessing colored with oil pastels. If you want to make your own, just purchase my $5 template, print all the pages on card stock paper and trim off the excess paper. Each student colors one page, according to the instructions, and then the art is taped together from behind and displayed.
• Card stock paper, 8.5″ x 11″
• Paper cutter
• Oil pastels
• Masking tape
PREP: Print mural template on card stock paper. Trim all pages as shown with a paper cutter.
1. Students transfer the front page numbers to the back as they will get covered up with pastel.
2. All students color one page, according to the color coding on the paper.
3. The pages are assembled, using the page numbers on the back to help in the process.
4. The pages are taped from behind with masking tape, or glued on to a large sheet of butcher paper.