This lesson for how to draw Dutch Houses includes their interesting facades and water canal. Houses in other countries often look very different from our own.
Dutch House Drawing
For those that love to draw buildings, trying out the different styles of houses from around the world can be very eye opening. Not all houses look like copies of the traditional home found in the US, far from it.
Some homes in Amsterdam, for instance, have very fancy front facades with unusual shapes, and stand side by side along canals filled with water.
It’s fun to draw your own version, and wonder what life would be like to live in such surroundings.
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Time needed: 1 hour
How to Draw Dutch Houses
- Start the center house.
- Add the roof detail.
- Draw the center door and steps.
- Add rows of windows and a roof.
- Draw a house on the right.
- Draw a house on the left.
- Add lines for the canal and water.
- Finish with brick details and ducks.
- Trace with a marker and color.