Expand your dinosaur drawing skills by learning how to draw a mastodon. They look a lot like mammoths, just with shorter legs and longer body.
LIKE THIS PROJECT?
There are many more dinosaur (and dragon!) drawing tutorials made just for young artists in my Draw Dinos & Dragons ebook.
All were created with lots of hands on classroom testing, and designed to take beginner artists from the first step to the last with clear and simple diagrams.
Each project starts with the simplest body shape possible, followed with the details that make dinos and dragons so much fun to draw. Just click on the book to learn more.
*The above product link is a referral. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Mastodon
- Make guidelines. Draw an oval.
- Start the head as shown.
- Add the trunk. Leave room for the mouth.
- Finish the mouth. Add a large tusk.
- Draw back tusk. Add and ear and eye.
- Draw two legs as shown.
- Draw back legs and a tail.
- Erase extra lines. Add a background.
- Trace with a marker and color.