When you want to learn how to draw a strawberry, and make sure you get all the details, this step by step tutorial might help you out.
Strawberries are a tasty fruit but they have a lot of surprising health benefits too. Here are a few fun facts:
• A strawberry is a member of rose family and it is the only fruit which has seeds outside.
• Strawberries are officially called an accessory fruit, which means the fleshy part you are eating is actually the stem of the plant.
• You think strawberries are only red? Think twice! There are yellow, blue, white, black, purple strawberries too. Some strawberries are even as large as an apple.
When it comes to drawing a strawberry, it’s not that hard to make them look pretty realistic. They kind of look like a heart with a flat bottom, with a sprig of leaves and stem on top, and an orderly bunch of little oval seeds all around the side. Seeing a large example like this one will help students see where to place all those details.
Use Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
How to Draw a Strawberry Step by Step Materials
- Pencil. The Ticonderoga brand are the most reliable, make nice dark lines when you need them, and are the easiest to erase. Buying the pre-sharpened ones will save busy teachers a lot of time.
- Eraser. Large ones you can hold in your hand do a much better job than just the pencil tip erasers, especially when erasing leftover pencil lines after tracing.
- Black Sharpie Marker. These fine point permanent marker pens make nice black outlines, have a good tip for coloring, and never bleed when they get wet. Use them with good ventilation and add extra paper underneath to protect your tables.
- Prang Crayons. These are a bit softer than other crayons so they sometimes look like oil pastels. They also have a some nice brown shades that Crayola does not have unless you buy their larger boxes.
- Crayola Crayons. The reliable brand that always works well. The 24 pack has some of my favorite golden orange and yellow colors that seem a bit richer and warmer than the ones Prang has.
How to Draw a Strawberry Directions
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Strawberry
- Draw half a heart with a flat bottom.
- Add the other side, it doesn’t have to be exactly the same.
- Draw a stem.
- Add one petal of the leaf.
- Add another petal.
- Draw another petal over the edge a bit.
- Finish the petals and erase the lines inside.
- Add lots of small oval seeds evenly spaced out.
- Trace with a marker and color.