Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Strawberry and a Strawberry Coloring Page. It’s not that hard to add all those details, when you draw something extra large.
When it comes to learning how to draw a strawberry, it’s not that hard to make them look pretty realistic. They kind of look like a heart with a flat bottom, with a sprig of leaves and stem on top, and an orderly bunch of little oval seeds all around the side. Seeing a large example like this one will help students see where to place all those details.
Strawberries are a tasty fruit but they have a lot of surprising health benefits too. Here are a few fun facts:
• A strawberry is a member of rose family and it is the only fruit which has seeds outside.
• Strawberries are officially called an accessory fruit, which means the fleshy part you are eating is actually the stem of the plant.
• You think strawberries are only red? Think twice! There are yellow, blue, white, black, purple strawberries too. Some strawberries are even as large as an apple.
Use Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Strawberry Coloring Page
Strawberry Tracing Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Strawberry Step by Step
- Draw half a heart with a flat bottom.
- Add the other side, it doesn’t have to be exactly the same.
- Draw a stem on the top.
- Add one petal of the leaf.
- Add another petal.
- Draw another petal over the edge a bit.
- Finish the petals and erase the lines inside.
- Add lots of small oval seeds evenly spaced out.
- Trace the drawing with a marker and color.