Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Fishing Boat and a Fishing Boat Coloring Page. They don’t always have to be floating off by themselves, but rather bouncing around in a cute seaside town.
This drawing could also be a good lesson in foreground (the larger boat), middle ground (the wall of houses) and background (the smaller boat). Having all three definite layers, and adding some scale to the art too, will all add up to a drawing with lots of depth to it.
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Boat Coloring Page
Fishing Boat Tracing Page
Materials for How to Draw a Boat
- Drawing Paper. You can buy this brand in bulk and it’s not that expensive.
- Pencils. Don’t waste your money on the cheapest brand. These make nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. The perfect medium size tip marker.
- Stabilo Markers. I used this brand for years for my popular after-school drawing class.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions to Draw a Fishing Boat
Time needed: 1 hour
How to Draw a Boat on Water
- Draw the wall and water line.
- Add three buildings on top.
- Add roof lines and doors.
- Finish with windows and chimney.
- Draw a boat in the foreground.
- Fill in the wall with rock shapes.
- Add a horizon and clouds.
- Finish with small boat in background.
- Trace with a marker and color.