This boat drawing for kids tutorial includes a cute seaside town, because they don’t always have to be floating off by themselves.
If you like the colors in my sample, it’s because I used my favorite brand of markers. They come in a wide array of colors, are easy to color with, and hard to dry out. Try them out when you need to have more than one shade of blue or green.
- Boats in a Seaside Town PDF Tutorial
- Stabilo Markers, recommended*
- Black marker
- Drawing paper
- Copy paper
*The above product link is a referral. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
- Trim drawing paper to 8.5″ x 11″.
- Use dot template on page 3 of the tutorial to print a page for each student.
- Print a tutorial and line art (page 1 and 2) on plain copy paper for each student.
- Students use both the guide and template to draw their seaside town in the drawing paper with the dot grid.
- The drawing is traced with a medium width black marker.
- Students color the drawing with markers or crayons or colored pencils.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a sample from my upcoming Draw Landscapes ebook. I’d love to hear what anyone thinks of my new dot graph paper and if you find it useful. Thanks!