Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Jaguar and a Jaguar Coloring Page. It’s an easy way to make the Jaguar look like they are coming to take a peek at you.
Adding some dimension to a drawing made of straight lines is one thing, as in making a rectangle look like a building. But making a very curvy animal seem like he’s walking towards you is quite another.
Not to worry though, if you keep the process as simple as you can. In this case, the jaguar face is very symmetrical and an easy place to start. Afterwards, a main torso shape will set you up for adding larger legs in the front, and slightly smaller legs in the back.
All of a sudden (bam!) you either have a friend or a foe coming right for you. A lesson in animals and perspective all rolled into one.
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Jaguar Coloring Page
Materials to draw a Jaguar
- Black Sharpie Marker (affiliate link)
- Prang Crayons (affiliate link)
- Crayola Crayons (affiliate link)
Step by Step Directions for a Jaguar Drawing
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Jaguar
- Draw a circle head. Add a nose inside.
- Add the cheeks and mouth below.
- Draw two eyes. Erase the gray lines.
- Add two ears and whiskers.
- Draw the main body shape below.
- Add two legs on the near side.
- Draw two smaller legs on the far side. Add a tail.
- Add a horizon line and leaves. Erase the gray lines in the ears.
- Trace with a marker and color with crayons.