When you learn how to draw a raccoon in profile, so you can see his face, chubby body, and fluffy striped tail all at once.
The best animal drawing tutorials are the ones that show students a clear view of the face, and include a side view of the body. That way the shape of the back, legs and tail all come into view at once for a very complete picture.
This raccoon tutorial checks all those boxes, and is made from some fairly simple shapes. Hopefully he or she will make a great companion to some future reports on these pretty cool looking animals. TIP: Don’t forget to make a nocturnal background when it comes to coloring.
- Draw a Raccoon (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Draw a Raccoon
- Draw a circle for the head.
- Add a chin and brow line.
- Add eyes, nose and ears.
- Erase the grey chin line. Start the body.
- Draw a front leg.
- Add a belly line and big tail.
- Add stripes to the tail.
- Draw a grass line and a moon.
- Trace with a marker and color.