Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Rabbit and a Rabbit Coloring Page. This one has an extra active look, with the stretched out legs and laid back ears!
Here’s one more “how to draw a rabbit” option for those that enjoy celebrating spring holidays. It’s also going to be the Chinese Year of the Rabbit, so that might be of interest too. This rabbit tutorial has a simple profile view and a stretched out body to show what they look like on the run. Not to much detail, but an easy way to make them look like they are running.
Working with Drawing Guides
The best way to get students off to a good start to any drawing project is to show them how to use guides as a reference point. You may have noticed that all of the tutorials on this site have center guides that are showing as both a vertical line and a horizontal line. If students make lines like those on their own paper, before drawing, they will have some extra help in seeing where to begin their drawing.
Drawing skills are all about getting the size and placement of lines on paper, so having some visual reference point to get started, will always help anyone learn how to be a little more accurate. So does that mean students need to use their pencil to draw big fat lines down the center of their paper before they start? Goodness no, that will most likely be hard to erase and distract from any finished art. No, simply fold the paper in half both ways, make a crease, and unfold. The beauty is that by the time the drawing is done and colored in, the creases will disappear.
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Rabbit Coloring Page
Materials for Rabbit Project
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions for Rabbit Project
Time needed: 1 hour
How to Draw a Rabbit
- Draw an oval head.
- Start the face.
- Draw the two eyes.
- Start the back.
- Add the leg below.
- Finish with the front legs.
- Add ears and chest line. Add other back leg.
- Draw inside ears and tail. Add a grass line.
- Trace with a marker and color.