3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade | Crayons | Drawing | How to Draw Animals | Spring Drawings | Summer Drawings
Easy How to Draw A Swan Tutorial and Swan Coloring Page
Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Swan and a Swan Coloring Page. Draw lightly so the white body can stay nice and white.
The how to draw a swan tutorial below will show young artists how they can draw a very simple, yet very lovely swan. The outstretched wings and downward look of the head make a beautiful profile that is still very easy to draw.
One area that takes some practice to learn is learning how to draw gentle curves. A swan is the perfect subject matter for this kind of lesson. That neck will no doubt look not-quite-right until it’s made with a curve that is not too tight or too loose. And when students conquer it, their swan will look like the very graceful bird that they know and love.
Save me to your Pinterest Board!
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Swan Coloring Page
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw an Easy Swan
- Start with a wide U shape.
- Add an angled line.
- Draw the feather ends
- Finish wing lines.
- Start the curvy neck.
- Finish the neck and head.
- Add eyes and a beak. Draw the other back wing.
- Draw the water line and rings.
- Trace with a marker and color.