Easy How to Draw a Flamingo Tutorial and Flamingo Coloring Page
Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Flamingo and a Flamingo Coloring Page. It will help you get that famously curvy neck just right.
Drawing of a Flamingo
Now students have some step by step help in learning how to draw a Flamingo. These amazing birds certainly have a look that is all their own. Many students may already be familiar with their curvy neck, long legs and pink feathers, but might need a little help in seeing how all those shapes go together. I recommend starting with the basic oval body first, then the round head, and then connecting the two with a graceful neck. It’s good to make sure those main elements are in place before the beak and legs are added.
Teachers looking for principles to tie in to projects could certainly use this flamingo for a conversation about BALANCE, one of the Principles of Design. After all, a pleasant flamingo drawing depends on showing one that looks like he or she is effortlessly balanced on their legs, and are not about to topple over.
Use Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Flamingo Coloring Page
Flamingo Tracing Page
Materials to draw a Flamingo
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions for a Flamingo Drawing
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Flamingo
- Draw a large oval for the belly.
- Add a circle above for the head.
- Draw the neck and tail feathers.
- Erase the gray lines and add the wing and beak.
- Erase the gray line and add beak details.
- Draw a large eye.
- Add one long leg.
- Draw another leg and add a background.
- Trace with a marker and color.