2nd Grade | 3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade | Crayons | Drawing | How to Draw Animals | Summer Drawings
Easy How to Draw a Flamingo Head Tutorial and Flamingo Head Coloring Page
Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Flamingo Head and a Flamingo Head Coloring Page. It will help you focus on their lovely eyes and beaks.
It’s no mystery why someone would want to learn how to draw a flamingo head, they are so colorful and made from such lovely shapes. If you are just learning how to draw, it allows you to concentrate on their eyes and necks. Add a smaller flamingo under the larger one, and you have the makings of a very pretty composition.
I also love how the coloring of their beaks can be so easily recreated with just a Sharpie and single crayon. Just use a little extra pressure to create that darker tone near the cheeks.
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Flamingo Head Coloring Page
Materials to draw a Flamingo Head
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions for a Flamingo Drawing
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Flamingo Head
- Draw the outline of the beak.
- Add the inside lines.
- Draw the attached head.
- Add an eye.
- Draw the smaller head and neck
- Add the beak.
- Draw an eye.
- Add a leafy background.
- Trace with a marker and color.