2nd Grade | 3rd Grade | 4th Grade | 5th Grade | Crayons | Drawing | Easy How to Draw Tutorials | How to Draw Animals
Easy How to Draw a Wolf Tutorial and Wolf Coloring Page
Learn how to draw a Wolf (that won’t get confused with a dog). It’s easier than you think, with this step-by-step Tutorial and Wolf Coloring Page.
When learning how to draw a wolf, it helps to know they have a few key features that help differentiate them from a dog. The face and chest need to look extra furry, the waist really narrow, and the fur colored with at least two tones, the lighter being on the bottom.
Animals that need to have a fuzzy, furry edge are much easier to draw when you approach it in two steps. First draw a smooth general body shape, then add the zig zag edge along the outside. Lastly, erase the initial smooth line and voila! A very furry looking animal. If students try to draw the fuzzy line first, it can be hard to control, especially for those without a lot of experience.
Pin me to your Pinterest Board
Use the Button to Download this PDF Tutorial
Wolf Coloring Page
Wolf Drawing Materials
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw a Wolf Step by Step
- Start with a bean shaped body.
- Add a nose and mouth.
- Draw eyes and ears.
- Add two front legs.
- Draw two back legs.
- Add a tail.
- Draw fuzzy lines on face and chest.
- Erase grey lines. Add background.
- Trace with marker and color.