How to draw a landscape for kids with perspective. The rows of trees and extra tall mountains work to exaggerate the point.
This tutorial shows just how much space can be implied in your drawing, simply by paying attention to lines and scale. The road that narrows, and the trees that get smaller and smaller, all add up to a scene with a very distant look.
You can get your own print friendly PDF of this tutorial simply by joining my mailing list. Sign up below and your Vanishing Landscape will be sent directly to your email. I share drawing ideas weekly, so you can make sure you’re never without any drawing projects again.
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Landscape Coloring Page
Time Lapse Drawing of the Landscape with Perspective
Materials for Koala Drawing
- Pencil. The Ticonderoga brand are the most reliable, make nice dark lines when you need them, and are the easiest to erase. Buying the pre-sharpened ones will save busy teachers a lot of time.
- Eraser. Large ones you can hold in your hand do a much better job than just the pencil tip erasers, especially when erasing leftover pencil lines after tracing.
- Black Sharpie Marker. These fine point permanent marker pens make nice black outlines, have a good tip for coloring, and never bleed when they get wet. Use them with good ventilation and add extra paper underneath to protect your tables.
- Prang Crayons. These are a bit softer than other crayons so they sometimes look like oil pastels. They also have a some nice brown shades that Crayola does not have unless you buy their larger boxes.
- Crayola Crayons. The reliable brand that always works well. The 24 pack has some of my favorite golden orange and yellow colors that seem a bit richer and warmer than the ones Prang has.
Directions for How to Draw a Koala Step by Step
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Landscape with Perspective
- Make guidelines. Draw horizon line.
- Draw the road.
- Add the center line.
- Draw two large trees.
- Draw two smaller trees.
- Add four smaller trees.
- Draw the mountains.
- Add clouds in the sky.
- Trace with marker and color.