Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw Landscapes in Perspective Tutorial Video and a Landscape Coloring Page. It’s also a good example of what a vanishing point can look like.
This tutorial shows just how much space can be implied in your drawing, simply by paying attention to lines and scale. The road that narrows, and the trees that get smaller and smaller, all add up to a scene with a very distant look.
You can get your own print friendly PDF of this tutorial simply by joining my mailing list. Sign up below and your Vanishing Landscape will be sent directly to your email. I share drawing ideas weekly, so you can make sure you’re never without any drawing projects again.
Landscapes in Perspective Tutorial Video
Join my Email List below to get this instant download!
Landscape Coloring Page
Materials for Landscape Drawing
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. Don’t waste your money on the cheapest brand. These make nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a nice dark black color.
- Crayons. I like this non-toxic brand that is made from beeswax, not petroleum by-products.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Time Lapse Drawing of Landscapes in Perspective
Draw a Landscape in Perspective Step by Step
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw a Landscape with Perspective
- Make guidelines. Draw a horizon line.
- Draw the road.
- Add the center line.
- Draw two large trees.
- Draw two smaller trees.
- Add four smaller trees.
- Draw the mountains.
- Add clouds in the sky.
- Trace with marker and color.