Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Giraffe Head and a Giraffe Coloring Page. Use it when you want your drawing to really look like a giraffe.
Giraffe Head Drawing
Giraffe Head Tutorial
More about Giraffes
This step by step how to draw a giraffe tutorial will help students get the all important head shape in place first, and then demonstrate how to draw the large eyes, ears and nose. None of the steps are very complex, but getting things in the right place, in the right proportions, makes a big difference.
If your students are learning about (or are just fascinated by) giraffes, then drawing a portrait of one is a fun way to share your appreciation. Getting the shape of that rather odd shaped head though, takes a little bit of care as the horns and wide eyes and wide mouth really look like no other animal.
Save me to your Pinterest Board!
Join “The Daily Draw” below to get this free tutorial!
Giraffe Head Coloring Page
Materials for How to Draw a Giraffe Head
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Directions for Giraffe Head Project
Time needed: 30 minutes
How to Draw a Giraffe Head
- Draw a large U for the mouth.
- Add the nostrils on the top.
- Start the sides of the head.
- Angle in and draw up for horns.
- Finish the symmetrical horns.
- Draw the large eyes.
- Add ears and neck.
- Add patterns and background.
- Trace with marker and color.