If you’re looking for Mother’s Day projects to paint, there’s none sweeter than a mother and baby giraffe. Except maybe a mother and baby with hearts flowing in between them.
- Mother Giraffe Tutorial
- Watercolor paper* (the good stuff if you want bright colors)
- Sharpie marker, fine point*
- Liquid watercolor paint*
- Brown crayon*
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
If you like this tutorial, there are more like this in my “Draw Animals” ebook in my PDF Shop.
- Make the guide lines on the paper with pencil. Draw the two giraffes with a pencil.
- Trace the drawing with a black Sharpie marker.
- Use a brown crayon to color spots and fill in the mane and horns.
- Paint over the entire giraffe with yellow paint.
- Fill in the sky.
- Paint the grass.