Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for a Mother’s Day Drawing and a Mother’s Day Drawing Coloring Page. No need for lots of details, just a mom and baby giraffe, sharing lots of love.
Crayon and Marker Option
More about Giraffe Drawing
This approach to drawing a giraffe works well for really young artists as there is no attempt to make the bodies look dimensional. The legs just kind of attach to the body in a flat way, and everything is overly simplified, but in the end I think that’s what makes it so charming! This tutorial project started out years ago as just a baby and mom looking at each other, but along the way a kinder filled in their space between them with hearts. It was such a sweet and brilliant idea I have made it a part of my permanent instructions ever since. (Thank you Nola!)
Marker, crayon and watercolor paint option
Use the Button below to download a drawing tutorial
Mother’s Day Drawing Coloring Page
Mother’s Day Drawing to Trace
Use button below to download painting tutorial
Materials for a Mother’s Day Drawing
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Step by Step Directions for a Mother’s Day Drawing
Time needed: 1 hour
Draw a Mom and Baby Giraffe
- Draw the adult giraffe and head.
- Start the bottom of the body.
- Add the simple legs.
- Add a face, mane and tail.
- Draw lots of spots and hoof lines.
- Start the baby giraffe.
- Finish the baby giraffe details.
- Add hearts and a ground line.
- Trace all (except spots) with a marker and color.