If you’re looking for Mother’s Day projects to paint, there’s none sweeter than a mother and baby giraffe. Except maybe a mother and baby with hearts flowing in between them.
- Mother Giraffe Tutorial
- Watercolor paper* (the good stuff if you want bright colors)
- Sharpie marker, fine point*
- Liquid watercolor paint*
- Brown crayon*
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
LIKE THIS DRAWING PROJECT?
There are 200 more fun and easy drawing tutorials like this one, in my giant How To Draw ebook in my PDF Shop.
All were created with lots of hands on classroom testing, and designed to take beginner artists from the first step to the last with clear and simple diagrams.
It’s all you need to provide hours of drawing fun with tutorials for Animals, Fish, Insects, Birds, Landscapes, Plants, Transportation, People and much more.
- Make the guide lines on the paper with pencil. Draw the two giraffes with a pencil.
- Trace the drawing with a black Sharpie marker.
- Use a brown crayon to color spots and fill in the mane and horns.
- Paint over the entire giraffe with yellow paint.
- Fill in the sky.
- Paint the grass.