Here’s how to draw a bird for kindergarten students. The shapes are very simple, but still very cute! Makes for a great Mother’s Day card too.
If you need a sweet drawing for a Mother’s Day card, this one works great for even the youngest of students. The bodies are made from just a few simple shapes, and the flat head and large beaks give them a little bit of a cartoon style too. Careful tracing and coloring with crayons will make the drawing extra charming.
If your students happen to have more that one child in their family, this idea is easy to adapt. Once they practice drawing one baby bird, they can easily add more to match the size of their own family. Have a larger family? Draw a larger branch.
- Draw a Momma and Baby Bird PDF (click to download)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to Draw Easy Birds
- Draw a branch.
- Start the small baby bird.
- Add the beak, eye, wing and tail.
- Start the large bird.
- Add the eye, beak and tail.
- Finish the large bird with wings and feet.
- Fill in top right with a branch.
- Add clouds in the space left over.
- Trace with a marker and color.