Here’s a Happy Mother’s Day drawing idea that could easily be adjusted for more siblings. Just add more babies on the branch.
- Mommy and Baby Bird Tutorial
- Watercolor paper* (the good stuff if you want bright colors)
- Sharpie marker, fine point*
- Liquid watercolor paint*
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
If you like this tutorial, there are more like this in my “Draw Animals” ebook in my PDF Shop.
- Make the guide lines on the paper with pencil. Follow the tutorial to make the drawing with a pencil.
- Trace the drawing with a black Sharpie marker.
- Use crayons to add some lines to the leaves and the bird wings.
- Paint the birds with watercolor. I believe the liquid type is easiest for those just learning how to paint.
- Paint the branches and leaves.
- If possible, paint the sky when the bird and branches are dry. If not, take care not to create puddles that might make the colors run together.