Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to Draw a Car Tutorial Video and a Car Drawing Coloring Page. All those simple shapes add up to a classic looking Volkswagon.
Draw an Easy Car Video
Not all drawing projects need to be about flowers or landscapes or people. There’s a whole world of learning how to draw more mechanical types of things, and when students learn how to draw a car, it can open up more interests to them.
You may find you have students that totally yawn at the idea of drawing organic stuff, but are endlessly fascinated with more technical things. It takes a different part of your brain to make things more precise, and more design oriented, so adding these kinds of projects to your curriculum is a great way to appeal to those students too. The world is going to need more smart designers who learn how to improve how we get around in the future too!
Use the Button below to Download a PDF Tutorial
Car Coloring Page
Car Drawing Materials
- Drawing Paper. This is the good stuff you can buy in bulk for a good price.
- Pencils. I like how this brand always makes nice dark lines.
- Black Marker. A permanent marker will give you a dark black color.
- Crayons. The larger packs are nice for more color choices.
- Note: All of the above are Amazon affiliate links.
Time Lapse Drawing of Easy Car
Step by Step Directions
Time needed: 45 minutes
How to Draw a Car
- Draw two wheels.
- Add inside circles and a line.
- Draw front and back bumper.
- Draw the car body.
- Add front and back windows.
- Draw two side windows and lights.
- Add bumpers around the wheels.
- Draw a road and a background.
- Trace with marker and color.