Learn how to draw a crown and then bling it out as much as your heart desires. Solid coloring will make it as bright as it can be!
If you find yourself needing to draw a crown, be it for school (Star of the Week) or for a personal project at home (birthday party) then here is a little help. Rather than settling for a generic version, why not take a few minutes to make it extra fancy? The only real requirement is that it is symmetrical. After that, the more shine and jewels it can hold, the better.
Coloring Tip: If you like the shading of this crown, it’s easy to do. All you need is a golden yellow and a light yellow crayon. The golden one makes a nice subtle shadow and the light yellow blends into it nicely, if you just overlap the colors a bit. No need to break out the pastels when crayons do the job just fine.
- How to Draw a Crown (click to open a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 40 minutes.
How to Draw a Crown
- Start with a wide U shape.
- Angle sides out a bit and add three circles.
- Draw two symmetrical curve shapes.
- Connect with two more circles and curves.
- Draw a wide band near the top.
- Add another band near the bottom.
- Finish off with an assortment of jewels.
- Trace and color with a golden yellow.
- Finish with a light yellow and bright jewels.