Start with my step by step tutorial to learn how to draw simple dinosaurs, then try taking advantage of all the fun markers and papers that are around these days.
If you liked the brown paper and white paint marker look used in my fossil drawing project, then you’ll probably like this one too. It’s another reason to save and invest in those special paint markers.
I recommend that you save this project for older students though, say grade 4 to 5. It calls for some pretty fine motor skills to draw small while you are avoiding smearing wet lines. Plan B? Make the paper larger, maybe half sheets or so. Second and third graders would probably do much better with that size, and there would be a lot more space to work with.
- How to Draw Simple Dinos PDF (click to download)
- Brown Kraft Paper, cut to 2.5″ x 3.5″ rectangles*
- White Sharpie Paint Markers*
- Brown Crayons
- Plastic Trading Card Sleeves*
*The above product links are referrals. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw Simple Dinosaurs
- Cut paper to 2.5″ x 3.5″ cards.
- Rub edge with side of crayon on edges.
- Draw dinosaur with pencil, then trace with white paint marker.